Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Does God Know I Am Committed?

Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts."  Jeremiah 15:16
Like Jeremiah, I want to let God know how dedicated I am to Him and His word.  Jeremiah's heart and behavior is counter to that of most of his culture in Israel at that time.  They have chosen the ways of the heathen nations around them and Jeremiah has been given the task by God of warning them of their coming punishment.  He realizes that if they do not repent and turn back to God, not only will they suffer the consequence, but he will suffer along with them.  We need to be sure that the Lord KNOWS we are committed to Him and His ways by obeying His commands and living by His word, and pray for our community and nation to turn back to Him.
Lord, we ask Your Holy Spirit to lead and guide us into a closer relationship with You everyday so You know our hearts and we know Yours.  We ask for revival in our hearts, community and nation.   In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.  Share the truth about God with someone around You today, Church Chicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment