Thursday, February 23, 2012

Living in the SONshine State (of Mind)

"O Lord, You are my God and I will exalt You.  I will praise Your name, for You have done wonderful things, Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth."  Isaiah 25:1
Have you ever stopped to think of all the good things God does for you everyday that you may not even be aware of?  Wonderful things.  His Word and counsel are faithful and true.  Even on the days we feel that we are overwhelmed by our circumstances, God is there and faithful to be with us through the trials.
 
We need to remain in a state of thankfulness throughout the day. When tempted to feel down, look up at the SONshine.  We can put on our SONglasses and see our lives through His perspective and remember to give Him thanks throughout our day.  We don't see the whole story - He does.  Picking a verse to meditate on and memorize for the day out of our daily quiet time will help us fix our minds and attention on the Lord.

Lord, "may the words of my mouth and meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer!" Psalm 19:14  Thank You for the ways You are working in and through our lives.  Help us keep our eyes on the SON and Your faithfulness to us and not on our problems.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment