Thursday, May 10, 2012

"Speak Up With God's Leading"

"Therefore prepare yourself and arise, and speak to them all that I command you.  Do not be dismayed before their faces, lest I dismay you before them."  Jeremiah 1:17

God is telling Jeremiah that when we take the time to prepare our hearts and spirits to go out as a representative for Him, He will be our strength.  We shouldn't talk in a lack of faith, but be bold in our great God's ability to use us for His purposes.  Being sensitive to His Spirit in what we say for Him and how we say it, will bring His life into the situation.  When we stand before men and speak on behalf of God by His command, we will NOT be put to shame.  He will give us His power, and we will not be humiliated.  This takes preparation in His Word and in prayer.  Let's all make the sacrifice of time in His Word, prayer and in listening to His voice so that He can use us to speak life into the world around us.  He is the Hope of the World.

Lord, I commit to spending time each day with you before I arise for the day to read Your Word, pray Your thoughts, and be filled with Your Spirit.  Use me to speak up for You today and not to be worried about being ashamed or ridiculed.  Your Word promises that You will give me the words to say and that I will not be dismayed.  Let Your words be my words and my life be Your life so that You can touch others through me with Your healing power.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Prepare to be used and speak up for Jesus today, Church Chicks.  Let Him live His life through yours.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment